½ cup Milk
1 cup Flour
1 tbsp Fish spice
1 cup Baby shrimp (frozen, uncooked)
- In a bowl, whisk the egg and add the milk.
- In a different bowl, combine the flour and the fish spice.
- Cover shrimp with flour mixture, then with milk mixture, and then one more time with flour mixture.
4. Heat oil for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
5. To test the oil for readiness: Drop a small amount of flour into the oil. If it bubbles, the oil is ready for frying.
6. When the oil is ready, fry the battered shrimp. Turn shrimp over with a wooden spoon to make sure both sides are being fried. (Precooked shrimps will be ready quicker than raw shrimps)
7. Place fried shrimp on paper towel and transfer onto serving dish.
1 cup Lettuce (shredded)
2 tbsp Mayonnaise
2 Baguettes (or any bread that you like to toast)
Hot sauce (optional)
8. While waiting for the shrimp to fry prepare the other ingredients for the sandwiches and put it on the table where the guests will help themselves.