- Preheat the oven to 180C/356F and prepare a muffin pan for baking.
1 1/2 cups (350ml) All purpose flour
1 cup (250ml) Flaked oatmeal
1/2 cup (125ml) Sugar
2 tsp (10ml) Baking powder
1 tsp (5ml) Baking soda
1/2 tsp (2.5ml) Salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon.
3/4 cup (175ml) Milk
1/3 cup (75ml) Oil
1/2 tsp (2.5ml) Vanilla essence
1 cup (250ml) Mashed bananas
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and whisk in the milk, oil, vanilla and bananas.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the banana mixture, whisking until combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared muffin pans (or two bread pans) and bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
I have a small toaster oven and can't bake more than six muffins at a time, so I often make this recipe into two loaves of bread. I am told that it tastes just as good!