7,5 ml Baking powder
1 ml Salt
0,5 ml Chilli pepper powder
1 small Onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup Green onion, finely chopped
50 g Bacon, chopped
50 g (125 ml) Cheddar cheese
1 Egg (I added the whites of two eggs that I had left over from making custard)
40 ml Sunflower oil (or Peanut oil)
125 ml Milk
2. In a frying pan, heat enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Fry the onion until soft and transluscent. In the same pan, fry the bacon and add the green onion. Then, remove pan from heat and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper together.
4. In a seperate bowl, beat the egg, oil and milk together.
5. Add the liquid ingrediens to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Don't over mix.
6. Add the onion and bacon mixture and mix until just combined.
7. Spoon the batter into prepared muffin tin.